Travel by Car:
Our recommended route to Lone Pine is from City. We will start from Brisbane City's icon, the City Hall, which is on Ann Street.
1. There are many bus stops on Ann street so be aware of buses stopping constantly.
2. Keep to the left lane on Ann Street.
3. Continuing on the same street, be ready to go onto a bridge/overpass
4. Straight onto the bridge, which leads to Coronation Drive (Route No. 3) towards Toowong/Indooroopilly.
5. Proceed to the right lane on Coronation Drive to turn right onto Hale Street (Route No.3).
6. Keep to the left lane on the bridge to prepare for immediate exit.
7. Exit from Hale Street and turn left to Milton Road (Route No. 32)
8. Driving through Milton Road, you will pass the Queensland 4"X" beer brewery, the producer of the famous "XXXX" beer.
9. At the intersection of Croydon Street (Route No.20) keep to the right continuing on Milton Road.
10. Exit from a roundabout at the end of Milton Road to take the Western Freeway (No 5)
11. Continuing on Western Freeway / Centenary Highway (Freeway No.5)
12. Keep to the left lane. Watch for a green sign marked "Fig Tree Pocket Exit"
13. Leave Centenary Highway immediately after the. Brown, Lone Pine Exit sign
14. Keep to the right of the exit ramp.
15. Turn right into Fig Tree Pocket Rd when you see this brown sign.
16. Follow the brown Lone Pine direction signs.
17. Pass one Roundabout to Gunnin Street and you are at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary!
Travel by Bus:
There are regular buses to and from Lone Pine operated by the Brisbane City Council.
Brisbane City Council Bus number 430 leaves from Platform B4, Queen Street bus station
Brisbane City Council Bus number 445 leaves from stop 40 Adelaide Street
Adult fares are $6.70 and children, pensioners and students are $3.40 (with valid I.D.). Prices are subject to change.
For updated information on public transport please visit: translink.com.au or call 13 12 30
Travel by Taxi:
A taxi from the Brisbane city to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary will cost around $20~$40.
Taxis can be booked by calling one of the following taxi companies:
Black & White - Ph: 131 008
Yellow Cabs - Ph: 131 924
The operator will ask for your pick-up address, the destination (Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary - Jesmond Rd, Fig Tree Pocket), name & number of passengers.
If you require a taxi to get back to the City from Lone Pine, just ask our friendly staff at the Entrance building to order you a taxi when you are ready to leave the sanctuary.
Travel by Boat:
*Please note - the Brisbane City Council City Cat does not extend to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
The Mirimar boat cruise departs from the Cultural Centre Pontoon at 10:00am daily.
(Located on the boardwalk outside of the State Library)
The cruise takes approximately one hour & 15 mins, arriving at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary at around 11:15 am.
The boat departs Lone Pine for the city at 1:45 pm.
The cruise aboard Brisbane's most famous river boat, MV Mirimar, takes you 19 kms (12 miles) upstream through some of the city's most attractive suburbs and most interesting wildlife habitats. You'll have an opportunity to get a close up view of a unique inner-city colony of fruit bats.
For Further information please contact Mirimar Cruises
Phone: 1300 729 742 (24 hours) or 0412 749 426