We are currently seeking casual staff for our food and beverage, retail, events, and IT teams. If you are a fast worker with a positive and friendly attitude to your work, then please apply now.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for our Retail and Events Team. The successful candidate will coordinate Lone Pine’s weekly farmers’ market throughout the week and operate the markets on Fridays (approximately 15 hours per week). Outside these hours, the successful candidate will support the Retail and Events Supervisor with seasonal events (Halloween, Christmas), client functions and general retail shifts (up to an additional 23 hours per week).
Must be available evenings and weekends.
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Enjoy building and maintaining client relationships
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Positive mental attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to think on feet and enjoy a challenge
- Work well both as part of a team and autonomously
- Present in a professional manner
- Familiarity with home audio visual equipment
- RSA certificate
Reporting to the Retail & Events Supervisor, your role will encompass a variety of tasks such as:
- Primary contact and coordinator of Lone Pine’s weekly farmers’ markets
- Setting and packing up venues:
o Sound and music
o Seating, ropes and chains
o Some lifting required
- Operate and trouble shoot projection set up and operation
- Managing crowds of up to 800 guests
- General food and beverage service (including barista)
- Other tasks as required from time to time
Experience what it is like to be a wildlife keeper, and assist our keepers in the daily care of our wildlife. Tasks include food preparation, cleaning exhibits, monitoring visitors, tidying around the sanctuary, interacting with visitors and assisting with enquiries. Volunteers will have the opportunity to work with our koalas, macropods (kangaroos and wallabies), birds, mammals, and barnyard animals. Positions are not available with reptiles or raptors, or within our wildlife hospital.
Wildlife volunteer requirements:
– must be 18 years or over
– responsible and reliable
– friendly, hardworking, and don’t mind getting dirty
– for health and safety reasons, a good level of English comprehension is essential
Volunteer positions within our administration team are dependent upon availability and running projects at the time of application, as well as your individual skills and experience. We are often seeking volunteers in, but not limited to, the following fields:
- IT: available projects depend upon your personal skill set and interests, and time available.
- Translations: if you can assist in improving our current website translations, or speak a language which you would like to see featured, we want to hear from you. Translations can be done on site at Lone Pine, or from your own home or office.
- Video Project: seeking volunteers to create short videos (3-5 minutes) about our animals at Lone Pine. Filming and editing experience preferable.